Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 29 Paleo and CrossFit Newport Beach

Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I would have liked to blog about this Paleo Challenge. I'm on Day 29 and although I haven't been perfect, I've been feeling pretty good!

7:00AM Wake up (8 hours sleep)
8:00AM Green smoothie (kale, spinach, ground flax seeds, protein powder, 1/2 apple) and a banana
9:30AM 45 minutes cardio on Arc Trainer and treadmill, then some SMR and stretching
11:30AM Apple and a turkey burger patty
3:30PM Power Crunch Bar (not paleo, but I needed something!)

4:30PM WOD at Crossfit Newport Beach! I decided I'm going to start shopping around for a new Crossfit gym. I really miss the workouts. And since I'm spending so much time at Equinox (12-15 hour days), I found it was REALLY REFRESHING to get out and work out somewhere else. I think this is what I need to get back in "Fighting Shape!" I feel my body has been turning to mush, since whenever I DO get a break in my schedule at Equinox, I just want to get out of there for a while. Just trying to keep some balance! Every CF gym operates a little different. I liked how we started off with some dynamic stretching, then did some strength work (back squats, where I took it easy and only went to 115#, then a MetCon: 5 rounds of 5 handstands-hold for 5 seconds, 10 16# wall ball shots, and 15 burpees. It took me 15:17, and when I finished, all I kept thinking was. . . man I really NEED this! Then everyone grabbed a foam roller and rolled out our legs for a few minutes. Everyone was really cool. And I like that CF NB is a "running" Crossfit. Most Crossfitters seem to hate running! LOL I'm going to shop around a little more before I pick my new CF home. I need one that is close to work for me. I think working out at a Crossfit gym might be a good idea for me right now. I felt refreshed and energized when I went back into work to train some clients tonight.

5:30PM Grapefruit
8:00PM Ground Turkey, spaghetti squash, and marinara sauce, and 8 pimento-stuffed olives.

No comments: