Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 8: Stress + Sleep Deprivation = Poor food choices, agian

I had about 6.5 hours sleep last night. And on a scale of 1-10, it was about a 4. I just haven't been sleeping so great lately. I think it's just from some stress in my life! :(

4:00AM Wake UP

4;30AM Already off to a non-paleo start. I ate a "Mojo" bar. I think it's made by Cliff bars, with whole food ingredients, but not all grain-free. I also had some baby carrots.

8:00AM 1 egg and 4 egg whites, broccoli, and ketchup (containing HFCS - yuck!)

9:00AM Apple

11:30AM this is about the time of day my lack of quality sleep began to hit me. I ate a salad of romaine and spinach, about 5 cut up strawberries, and some grilled chicken. There was no salsad dressing. I also had some salted, lime-flavored peanuts that I grabbed at the gas station, along with the Mojo bar this morning. Has anyone ever had these? They are yummy!

2:00PM I got a white-meat chicken with veggie bowl at Flame Broiler. No rice. I'm glad that is what I ordered because one of our clients was eating lunch there at Flame Broiler too. Sometimes I'm worried that I'll be ordering something totally unhealthy (well, that's actually unlikely to happen) and get caught by one of our gym members! LOL

3:30PM 5 dates rolled in coconut. I get these at Mother's Market. They make a great "Paleo" dessert. Yes, my lack of sleep had the carb-cravings kicking in.

4:30PM More carb cravings, but totally paleo. I had a Lara Bar, a gluten-free nut ball thing I found at Mother's. And some baby carrots.

8:30PM 4oz. chicken breast and some sweet potatoes

I didn't have time to work out today. I trained 7 clients. And I was sleep-deprived. Stressful days like this make it hard to stick to the diet. At least I get to sleep in tomorrow.

Macronutrient: 1995cals, 149 g. protein, 186 g. carbs, and 60 g. fat.

No comments: