Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 7: Pork Loin Recipe and battling boredom/carb cravings


Sundays are a day of "rest" for me. I sleep in without an alarm, go to church, and spend much of my day relaxing, or getting caught up on other random things around the house. I read. I spend time with friends and family. But I try to take the day easy. It's rejuvenating. It's MY day!

In the past, Sunday's have always been my "cheat" day. When I'm trying to minimize stress in my life, I just find that sitting around the house, I have a tendency to mindlessly eat whatever may be in my cupboard. Today turned out to be no exception! :-/ It wasn't an over-the-top carb bender, but I could have made better food choices. Boredom and anxiety of the upcoming workweek tend to lead to me eating a little more!

So here's how the day went!

8:45AM wake up! I had 9 hours sleep. Quality was about 8/10.

9:30AM Blueberries and 2 dark chocolate squares

11:00AM 2 oz. haddock, 4 pimento-stuffed olives, baby carrots

2:00PM After church, they often hold a "Linger Longer" with food and so people can hang around and socialize. I had a small handfull of tortilla chips (oops! I love tortilla chips.) Then I wised up and got a small bowl of fruit (strawberries, cantaloupe, and mango).

2:15PM On the way home from church, I ate the apple I had sitting in my car. I always like to keep a smart snack like this in my car.

2:45PM Had pork loin with some sauteed veggies (one of my pre-made meals from earlier this week). Pork loin is kind of high in fat and it also has a tougher texture that I'm not used to eating with meat products. I haven't had much pork in my diet since my pre-vegetarian days. I have to say it was quite yummy! I also had some salad (romaine and spinach), chopped roma tomato and some avocado with lo-cal (not paleo) salad dressing. A better option for a Paleo salad dressing would be EVOO and balsamic vinegar or lemon juice.

4:00PM HAVING MAJOR CARB CRAVINGS! I found a packet of that Ocean's Spray Cranberry/Orange oatmeal, and I thought who cares at this point. . . I made it. I ate it. And I was unimpressed. This also reminded me of a good article I read about oatmeal on HealthHabits.ca CLICK ON THE LINK BECAUSE YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THIS ARTICLE!!! I used to LOVE this flavor of oatmeal! Ever since cutting grains out of my diet, I have found I have little cravings for grains! I also ate some delicious strawberries, 4 dark chocolate squares, 1/4 c. raisins, and 2 of my fruit snacks which are supposed to be for long runs! Yeah, this whole meal/large snack seemed unneccsary! Mindless eating. . .

6:30PM Grapefruit and 5 large strawberries

I have a SIXTEEN HOUR WORKDAY TOMORROW! It's good because it will be my busiest, most-profitable day yet. I have 7 amazing clients I am training, but, that will definitely take a lot out of me. I have a few breaks in between clients where I can rest, and get my own workout in. Tomorrow is another strength day! 5x5 back squats and 5x5 bench press. And then some other strength exercises. I might have to put off my run until Tuesday.

Macronutrient breakdown: 1830 calories, 73 g. protein, 265 g. carbs, 72 g. fat

Now, I'm off to prepare a day's worth of food because I will be spending my ENTIRE day from 5AM to 8:30PM at Equinox! It seems like everyone likes to work out on Mondays! Yes! Start the week off strong!

Will write more manana!

No comments: