Sunday, May 3, 2009

How I Spent My Weekend. . .

Saturday, May 2
Palos Verdes Half Marathon
Time: 2:10





Sunday
, May 3
OC Marathon
Time: 4:16:39 - PR!
I slashed my old PR by 18 minutes! And I did that one day after running a half marathon! Sweet!


I feel so lucky to be surrounded by so many talented runners! They inspire me to think big and to have the courage to test my limits! When I ran my first marathon almost 4 years ago, I never imagined this would be possible! My legs felt fresh when I woke up this morning to go run the OC Marathon. I felt really good for most of the race. However, the muscle soreness is starting to settle in! Hahaha! I'm thankful for my foam roller, hot yoga, ice, massive doses of ibuprofen, antioxidants, and sleep!

2 comments:

Jessica DeLine said...

Very nice accomplishment - especially on back to back days!

PunkRockRunner said...

What an amazing accomplishment! I can't think of too many people who can pull off a PR the day after a half marathon.

Congratulations!

Ron